Written by Ken Quigley
November 13 2023
Choosing the right CRM for your business can be a challenging task, as there are many factors to consider and over 400 options to choose from. CRM software can help you manage your customer relationships, increase sales, improve marketing campaigns, and streamline your business processes. However, not all CRM software are created equal, and some may suit your business needs better than others.
To help you pick the right CRM for your business, here are some steps you can follow:
- Identify your business requirements and goals. What are the main problems you want to solve with a CRM? What are the key features and functions you need? How many users will access the CRM? What is your budget and timeline?
- Determine which teams need a CRM. CRM software can benefit different departments in your business, such as sales, marketing, customer service, and operations. However, each team may have different needs and preferences for how they use the CRM. You should consult with your team members and stakeholders to understand their pain points and expectations.
- Choose the type of software you want to use. CRM software can be either cloud-based or on-premise. Act! is the only one that is both. On-premise CRM software requires more maintenance and security but offers more customization, control, and integration options. Cloud-based CRM software is usually more affordable, flexible, and scalable.
- Look for CRM features for scalability. As your business grows, you may need more advanced and diverse features from your CRM software. You should look for a CRM that can grow with your business and offer features such as automation, analytics, reporting, integration, customization, and mobile access.
- Shortlist and test your top CRMs. Based on your research and criteria, you should narrow down your options to a few CRM software that meet your needs. You should then request a demo or a free trial from the vendors and test the CRM software yourself. You should evaluate the CRM software based on its ease of use, performance, reliability, support, and value for money.
While we're obviously biased towards Act!, we strongly believe the above selection steps will guide you toward a well-informed CRM choice for your business.