Have a question about Act! hosting?
Act! Hosting Services
You want to deploy Act! for your team, but can't budget for a new network, hardware, licensing, or staff to support it? Let us help with fast, secure, and easy database Act! hosting from Keystroke - the exclusive Swiftpage hosting provider for Canada and #1 Act! Reseller in the world.
Keystroke has provided professional hosting services since 1999, and is managed by a team of Microsoft Certified System Engineers & Act! Certified Consultants, with advanced administrative knowledge of Act! and Microsoft Server operating systems.
We also employ industry leading custom development to better monitor and protect your data, like alerting you to extended database inactivity or latency in remote database syncs. Our "no compromise" service also offers all the Web API services Swiftpage offers, with superior speed, database storage, and support for 3rd party applications that they don't.
Database Hosting Comparison Chart
Database Storage Limits
Need more storage space? For only $60/year you get an extra 4GB's of storage. Also, with our Ultimate hosting package, you get 15GB's of storage space to start.
Support for Add-ons
Not all add-ons are compatible with database hosting.
Support for Handheld Contact Classic
Swiftpage customers would require an offline copy of their database to support the use of HHC.
Requires an Act! Subscription
Swiftpage hosting only available as part of an Act! Premium Cloud or Growth Suite subscription
Hosting Upgrade Option
Up to 3x Faster than our normal speeds, and enhanced load balancing for greater reliability and ease of upgrade
Who dictates Act! upgrade schedule
Swiftpage hosting only supports the hosting of the latest version of Act!
Enforces HTTPS over HTTP
Bilingual Service & Support (English & French)
Hosting available in both Canada and the USA
Custom Table Support
Support for Act! Pro hosting
Automated inactivity & no-sync notifications
Fast Facts about Keystroke Act! Hosting
Act! Hosting Provider Program
Ultimate Upgrade Option
Act! Pro hosting
Daily Back-up, Maintenance & Monitoring
Bigger Database Limits
Cheaper storage upgrades
Custom Table support
Act! Hosting deployment options
Act! is unique as a CRM in offering online and offline deployment options
Act! Web Hosting
We handle the technical Stuff:
Your master Act! database sits on our dedicated Act! web servers within our tier 3 data centre. Multiple users can access the database simultaneously in real time from any PC in the world with Internet access. Best security for business owners who do not want to relinquish control & possession of the database to employees
- all Act! databases are secured with SSL certification
- no local software to install
- Fastest user setup and termination.
- Act! for Web now features Word, Outlook, & Excel integration, so all your Windows and Web users can share the same templates.
- Act! Premium customers only.
Act! Sync Hosting
For those that like more control:
Sync and ProSync customers work with desktop copies of Act! with local or shared databases that sync to the hosted Master database. Ideal for Act! Pro & Premium customers who simply need a a fast & reliable centralized data hub for their remote users to sync to.
- all users have fast offline data access
- ideal for remote users who primarily work at their desk, but need to be connected to the office.
- ability to use third party add-ons, and sync to PDA's
- edit screen layouts and import data
- more robust MS Word & Excel integration
- Greater add-on integration
- Act! Pro & Premium customers
Act! Hybrid Hosting
Our Hybrid Hosting solution is a combination of web & sync hosting services, and is perfect for businesses that require a mixed type of deployments methods. The hybrid hosting solution is our most popular offering because it supports PC's & MAC's, Desktop & Web Users, full & part-time staff, and has the most flexibility.
- secure, flexible, and worldwide access to data
- works in PC, Mac, and mobile working environments
- over 85% of our subscribers use this option for their Act! hosting needs.
- use whatever access method works for you at the time.
- Act! Premium customers only
The Fine Print
- Updating Database Schema
- Windows vs Web Features
- Hosting Services included
- Obsolete versions of Act!
- Act! Licensing
- Deployment Timelines
- Database Storage
- Hosting Facilities
- Payment & Service
Act! Premium (access via web) leverages the features and functions of Act! Premium. In other words, all features in the core Windows Premium product are available in the Web product. However, some functions are limited to the server, such as administration of users, database maintenance, template and layout creation or editing and other administration functions.
To learn more about the features available in Act! for Windows that are not available in Web, please click HERE.
Services related to the installation of the Act! software and the deployment/configuration of RDB's on customer workstations or servers is NOT included, and should be considered billable by Keystroke. Video tutorials are available.
In such an event, no pre-paid hosting fees will be refunded in whole or in part.
Keystroke reservers the right to decline hosting service in cases where the licensing provided cannot be verified.
The Act! licensing being used to host a database on Keystroke servers must be owned or leased by the hosting subscriber.
To avoid fraud and minimize license management, all Act! licensing must be renewed through Keystroke, or one of it's authorized resellers. Keystroke recommends Act! Premium Subscription as the most cost effective way of upgrading your software each year, and availing yourself of many program perks like free video training, support (Silver and Gold only), and Act! Premium Mobile.
Hosting fees are calculated monthly, but billed annually in advance. Short term hosting contracts can be arranged in advance, but at 150% the annual rate, and for terms no less than quarterly.
If a hosting customer wishes to opt out of the contract during their hosting term, a backup copy of their database will be provided to them at no extra cost. Under no circumstances are mid-term refunds provided.
Bring your own licensing
For a list of our hosting rates billed separately from Act! subscription, please visit the following link:
Please note, this service is subject to a one-time, non-refundable "onboarding fee" of $100.
Act! Premium Cloud
For a list of Act! Premium Cloud hosting rates, where the Act! Subscription are combined to form one rate, and are exclusive of perpetual licensing, please visit the following link:
Upfront Customization and ongoing changes are billable at our hourly ACC rates, and in increments of 15 minutes after the initial 30-minute minimum. Keystroke may require a support contract to be in place for such services to be rendered.
All Keystroke hosting clients are permitted 15GB's of total database storage, exclusive of backups, as part of our regular hosting rates.
However, due to increased bandwidth costs and the extra overhead of maintaining & backing up larger databases, Keystroke is required to charge more to customers requiring more than 15GB's of storage for their database.
The structure of this new hosting rates formula is simple, and as follows:
- All hosting accounts will be permitted up to 15GB’s of total data storage for each of their hosted databases (inclusive of all attachments and supplemental folders) as part of their normal hosting fees. As mentioned earlier, this currently applies to 97% of our current hosting customers (please see your current hosting storage at the top of this email).
- For the remaining 3% needing more than 15GB’s of storage, those accounts will be subject to a an overage fee equivalent to $10/month/10GB (billed annually), that will be assessed at the start of their hosting contract, or upon their next renewal.
- No mid term adjustments to the rates will be made during the hosting period based on fluctuations in storage use, nor will retroactive overage fees/credits be applied on renewal.
- if an account has a 20GB database, they would be 5GB’s over their limit and thereby subject to a $10/month overage fee to paid annually for a total of $120.
To be clear, we don’t want anyone’s rates to increase. To that end we’d like to work with each effected customer to trim their database to a more manageable size, and employ some of the tools within Act! and some of our proprietary technology to help trim the fat on databases that have gotten bloated over time.
After all, regardless of the rates, hosting clients with extra large databases can expect fewer backups with attachments and much longer delays in deploying new remote databases due to data size, as well.
Cogent's network stretches over 185 markets throughout 38 countries in North America, Europe and Asia, with over 57,500 route miles of long-haul fiber and more than 27,200 miles of metropolitan fiber serving over 590 metropolitan rings.
Each of Cogent's state-of-the-art data centers are connected to their all-optical network. Cogent Data Centers are known for providing an environment where connectivity, availability, security and performance are the highest priority. Coupled with Cogent's high speed bandwidth, they give their customers the best value in the industry. Their committed customer support and local provisioning teams ensure maximum reliability.
While Keystroke Quality Computing Inc undertakes to backup and maintain customer databases, it is the customer's responsibility to backup and maintain their own data. Keystroke Quality Computing Inc. is not responsible for any costs relating to any interruption in hosting service or fees relating to data recovery.
Please see the following payment conditions.
- Late Payment: When a payment is not made within one full billing period from the date of the bill, the account will be classified as past due. A late payment charge of 2% per month, translating to 24% per annum, will be added to all amounts billed. Each customer's statement shows the date the invoice was issued and the date by which payment must be made to avoid the late payment fees.
Customers with past due payments will be notified in writing on the next billing statement that the account must be paid within the following month. This is the only notification that will be issued. If payment is not made within such time, Keystroke may initiate collection action and/or suspend service.
- Reconnection/Setup Fee: In cases of hosting suspension due to non-payment, a setup fee of $100 will be assed as a reconnection procedure: Following service disconnection for non-payment, service will not be reconnected until payment is made and the customer contacts Keystroke's Customer Service at 416-499-3090 or toll-free at 1-800-857-0558. After receipt of full payment, service will be reconnected no later than the next business day.
- Debt Applied: In the event a customer refuses to pay for products or services they purchased during the hosting period, Keystroke reserves the right to deduct the equivalent amount off their hosting term to settle the account.
Support & Upgrade Pricing Obsolescence Policy
Like the upgrade pricing policy, SwiftPage will only provide technical support to to current releases of Act! product, and, in most cases, two prior releases of a product. Act! customers with an active Business Care support plan that are using an obsolete product will receive support through the expiration of the existing support plan. You're not able to renew your support contract unless you upgrade to a supported version of Act!. If you upgrade prior to the expiration of your support plan, your plan will be transferred to the new product and remain valid until the plan expires.