- Not applicable
- Web (Subscription)
- requires an Act! subscription
- Act! for Web
- Act! for Windows
- Act! v24, v23, v22, v21, Act! v20, Act! v19, Act! v18.2
- Desktop, Cloud, and SaaS versions of Act!
Have questions about Link2shrink?
Shrink your Links with
Because Sometimes Less is More
Link2shrink has one job and that's to shrink your links - hence the name.
Whether you're using URL's from external websites or internal Linktivity Forms or Event pages, the addresses are often too long to easily remember, or use on Social Media sites like FaceBook or LinkedIn. Link2shrink solves this problem by creating much shorter redirection links that can be used anywhere. Link2shrink is similar to other URL shortening services, except that it is designed to save you time & money by working seamlessly with Linkivity addresses, as well as external webpages.
The UI for Link2shrink features the following:
- like Link2forms, you click to add a new redirection (see right)
- you enter the destination URL
- Select a TLD, and then add a custom extension and check if it's available by clicking Create
- if you don't enter anything, it will auto-generate an alphanumeric extension
- when you save, it'll add this link to a list similar to Link2forms, with searching features (see below)
- The service will include basic click-through statistics and source locators (number of clicks and which site the link came from)
System Requirements & Subscription Terms
- A current Act! subscription (Act! v18 or higher)
- Act! security role of "Standard" or higher, with WebAPI permissions assigned
- Act! Premium Cloud or Act! Premium with a WebAPI URL, or locally install Act! Connect Link
- Act! WebAPI v1.0.409.0 or K-API
- All prices listed are in USD, and billed per user/per database
This service will cost $60 per year for the full product, or you can enjoy Lite versions free of charge with your Team subscriptions to Link2events, Link2forms, or Link2calendars. These free Lite versions will not show stats, or be displayed under the Link2shrink console shown above, but they are available to create custom or auto-generated links within these respective online services.
The illustration below shows the kind of detailed click-thru statistics you can expect from Link2shrink, including lead soruces, click counts, and even a breakdown of the platforms they were consumed on, like Windows, Mac, Android, or IOS devices.
Like all our Linktivity products, everything is available in one place within your Linktivity account, and accessible from your PC, MAC, tablet, or mobile phone.
Shorten URL's and track Click-thru's
Works with external links
Whether it's an address from your website, a blog, or a product page in your shopping cart, URL's can be long, ugly, and hard to remember. And when it comes to social media services like LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook, sometimes they're prohibited. Link2shrink solves that problem by automatically converting long links to short ones, regardless of the source.
Shortens Linktivity URL's in a single click
Some of our Linktivity services like Link2forms, Link2events, and Link2calendar can generate long alpha-numeric URL's that are so unfriendly to look at they cannot be displayed without a hyperlink. Now Link2shrink can quickly generate a short URL right from within each of these services that is short enough to use anywhere. You can also create human-friendly custom links.
Easy to remember URL's
URL's that are easy to remember are easier to use for your customers. And the more you use our Link2 domains, the less they have to remember.
Free Link2shrink service with Teams
Get free Link2shrink URL's with Team accounts for Link2events, Link2forms, and Link2calendars.
Track your click-thrus
Link2shrink provides click-thru statistics to help you understand how well your URL is working, and a detailed breakdown of which sites you placed it on are working best for you. These reports include which sites they clicked through on, as well as what devices they used (eg., Windows, Mac OS, Android, IOS).
No software to install
Link2shrink is an online service, meaning there is no software to install.
Same time & money
Similar services can cost 50% more for the same features, but require you to leave Linktivity. With Link2shrink you can create custom URL's from the same place you create the destination URL. Save time and money.
Run Link2shrink from anywhere
Link2shrink is an online service, meaning you can run it from anywhere - including tablets and Mac's.
Use with Assets from Act! Marketing Automation
If you're using "Assets" from Act! Marketing Automation, you know it can generate some long unfriendly URL's, which can be challenging to use with some social media sites. Use Link2shrink to create a whole new shorter URL, and add extra tracking to it.
Link2shrink Gallery Link2shrink FAQ's
None. Link2shrink is a totally internal service for shortening URL's that requires no connection to your database.
No. Right now the only domains available are Link2.sh, Link2.red, and Link2.fm. We only offer custom URL suffixes at this time.
We expect this service to evolve over time, but at present, we offer click-thru totals, as well as lead-source totals.
While you can use hyperlinks in your email signature, your website, and other digital spaces you manage, Internet services like social media, chat services, review sites, and many paid ads do not support them.
There are three main differences between the Link2shrink subscription and the free one with Teams.
- The Link2shrink subscription includes the Link2shrink dashboard showing you all your links, lead sources, and statistics
- External links are only supported with a Link2shrink subscription
- Any non-Team service you have with Linktivity would not support the ability to generate a shrunken link, whereas a Link2shrink subscription adds this feature to all supported Linktivity services.