Written by Ken Quigley
August 02 2023
When Act! released Premium v25 this summer without a Pro version, the writing was on the wall - Act! Pro's days were numbered. Well, today Act! LLC confirmed this suspicion by announcing that September 15th, 2023 would be the last day Act! Pro v24 would be available for purchase.
This means you have until mid-September to upgrade your version of Act! Pro, or top up your existing v24 seats or you will never get another chance. Once Act! Pro is taken off the market, it will not come back, meaning the only upgrade options after that will be subscribing to Act! Premium or Act! Premium Cloud.
For those looking to stick with Pro, this is your last chance to upgrade or top-up your licensing before it’s sunset for good. There are a number of reasons Pro users should consider one final upgrade, or adding users before that option is lost:
- Glide path: If you intend to keep using Act! Pro for years to come and drive your last purchase into the ground, it only makes sense to purchase the final version to extend your supported glide path.
- Updates & Fixes: Act! v24 is currently supported and will remain so until mid-2024. All other versions of Pro have been long deprecated, and will no longer receive updates or fixes. Read more about Act!'s Obsolescence Policy.
- Compatibility: No CRM is forward-compatible, so getting the latest version with as many patches available for as long as possible will ensure you’ll get significantly more mileage on that version versus a prior release.
- Windows 11
- Deploy Act! v24 on Windows 11, released in October 2021. If you plan on upgrading your hardware in the next year or so, it's pretty hard getting a new computer these days fitted with anything older than Windows 11.
- Reap the benefits of a modern 64-bit platform with the latest security and performance enhancements from Microsoft.
- Leverage Act! subscription to stay current and compatible with the latest hardware and operating systems.
- Office 2019
- Act! v24 uses 64-bit integration for Outlook and Word add-ins, allowing for optimal performance and scalability.
- Act! Office Add-Ins support 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Office 2019.
- SQL 2019
- Deploy pre-packaged SQL 2019 automatically for new installs for maximum performance and convenience.
- Upgrade to SQL 2019 upon installation of Act! v24 if the supported version of SQL is not detected (<SQL 2014 R2)
- Benefit from the most recent SQL security, performance, and scalability enhancements.
- Future Proof your team: Whether you're using the latest version of Act! Pro, or one released in the last few years, if you expect your team to grow in the next 12-24 months, you need to purchase those extra licenses in advance because they won't be available if you wait until they're needed. You owe it to your team of Act! users to provide them headroom for growth while you can. Act! Pro v24 supports up to 5-users.
With virtually no perpetually licensed CRM programs left on the market, now is the time to buy the last version while it's still available. It's taken 15-years for this version to run its course, and when it's gone, it'll be gone forever.
- Act! Pro v24 (single user): If you're a single user and this is likely never to change, then you can stand pat.
- Act! Pro v24 (multiple users): if you have 2-4 users, and you think your team will grow in 1-2 years, increase your licensing while you can (Act! Pro supports a max of 5-users).
- Act! Pro v22 or older (single user): Get the seats of Act! Pro v24 you need or move to Act! Premium subscription.
- Act! Pro v22 or older (multiple users): Teams of 5 or less should upgrade to Pro. Teams of 6+ should stand pat while they can, or upgrade to Premium.