Written by Ken Quigley
November 14 2023
Customer surveys are a powerful way to collect feedback from your clients and improve your financial advisory services. Here are some reasons why you should use customer surveys in your practice:
- Compliance: Customer surveys can help with your compliance obligations. Financial Advisors typically have regulatory requirements to stay in touch with the clients to understand their needs. Having them complete regular surveys on their risk tolerance and investment preferences can help keep you stay in compliance, and more knowledgeably invest on their behalf.*
- Taking their temperature: Customer surveys can help you get valuable feedback from your clients about their satisfaction, expectations, needs, and goals. You can use this information to tailor your services to their specific situations.
- Performance Feedback: Customer surveys can help you discover areas for improvement in your service delivery, communication, marketing, and processes. You can use this information to identify and address the pain points and gaps that your clients have, and adjust your service accordingly.
- Relationships: Customer surveys can help you better understand your clients as individuals, not just as numbers. You can use this information to build rapport, trust, and loyalty with your clients.
- Retention: Customer surveys can help you increase client retention by showing them that you care about their opinions and value their feedback. You can use this information to demonstrate that you are committed to providing high-quality service and meeting their expectations.
- Referrals: Customer surveys can help you strengthen loyalty and brand advocacy by encouraging your clients to refer others to your services or recommend you to others. You can use this information to reward your clients for their loyalty and referrals.
Surveys are not a substitute for personal contact, but they do supplement such contact well, and help round out your understanding of your clients, which is why we recommend customer surveys for financial advisors. If you're lucky enough to be an Act! user, please click HERE to learn more about Link2surveys. A robust customer survey product that is seamlessly integrated with Act! through the Web API, and records all feedback to your database instantly. Start your 2-week free trial today.
* As every regulatory body is different, please confirm the degree to which customer surveys serve to keep you in compliance with your KYC requirements.