Our Mission Statement
"To inspire & support our client's ongoing success through quality business solutions."
Have questions about our support plans?
Annual Support Plans
The Keystroke Annual Support plans were inspired by new Act! customers needing some initial "kick start" help with their deployment or upgrade, but hesitant to engage a consultant for fear of the cost. We saw this problem as both avoidable and easy to fix, so we created two completely different style support plans designed for different customer needs.
2-8 Hours of Level 2 phone or email help with troubleshooting, consulting, database customizations, smaller projects, and setup or service of select 3rd party add-ons.
One year of Level 1 & 2 support (up to 30-minutes per day, per user)including our success commitment for upgrades & setup, 3rd party add-ons, as well as unlimited email assistance.
Keystroke Support Plan Comparison Chart
VIP support plans have a fixed time limit per year, with a purchase limit of one per year. Regular VIP and Diamond VIP are NOT mutually exclusive as you can buy one of each in a single year since they involve different levels of service. OrangeCare limits are fixed at 30-minutes per day multiplied by the number of subscribers. Usage beyond the daily limit would either be billable or deducted from an existing VIP
Use our online webchat service for faster responses to quick questions. Service is monitored from 9AM-7PM EST, and is not intended for advanced troubleshooting
Level 2 service involves standard break/fix service within the Act! application itself. Level 3 generally involves programming, scripting, more advanced service work, and general business consulting
10x5 phone support
Keystroke telephone support service is available from 9am - 7pm EST Monday through Friday
Appointments can be scheduled for a specific time, date, and technician for support plan subscribers. Ad hoc scheduling is also available
Free Password Reset
Locked yourself out of your database? Keystroke literally wrote the password reset tools and susbcribers are entitled to free password resets as needed. Must be requested or approved by the account administrator. VIP subscribers get this service at no extra cost, but the time involved is deducted from their hour bank.
Remote Setup Assistance
Remote Add-on Assistance
Remote Break/Fix Assistance
Remote Act! training is available for up to four students (video recording not available). Classroom training is a separate charge.
Programming & Development
Keystroke has a team of developers that can do general scripting, create DLL's, or develop SDK or WebAPI based addons. Source code & exclusivity are available at an extra fee
Customization can range from designing a database, layout, importing, or implementing add-ons as needed
Project work generally involves a longer term scope of work that incorporates several stages of deployment, customization, training, and/or development. This can involve one or more consultants, and often involves an initial scoping fee to define the project
AMA Support & Optimization
Only OrangeCare is auto-renewed, but the customer always has the option to decline. We invoice one-month in advance to ensure customers have an opportunity to decide before their renewal date. We keep detailed records of support utilization for all our plans so customers can make an informed decision of their value
With VIP's, we contact the customer multiple times in advance of their renewal to give them the opportunity to renew on time, and both save 10% and carry-over any unused time
Orange Care includes a subscription of Tables4Act! for each user covered by the support plan.
Pro customers are eligible to purchase Orange care "Starter" on their first term, and renew regular Orange Care before the Starter plan expires.
Act! Pro Customers
Act! Premium (perp & sub)
The Fine Print
What's the catch? Well, there are some conditions, but none that we think will surprise people or stop anyone from our support plans. Membership conditions are as follows:
VIP Support Plans
- Membership must be paid before it can be redeemed, and only one membership can be purchased per customer, per year. VIP Diamond can be combined with one of the other VIP support packages.
- Membership's have no cash value and are not transferrable, and VIP Club benefits cannot be applied retroactively. In other words, VIP Membership cannot be applied to past invoices or services.
- Keystroke VIP Memberships must be renewed within 30-days of annual expiry date to be eligible for 10% renewal discount, and the carrying forward of any unused support time.
- Service time is calculated in 15-minute increments
Orange Care Annual Support Plans
- OrangeCare Renewal Invoice: Renewal invoices that are renewed "on-time" using our online renewal tool will automatically receive a 10% discount. Renewals that are processed less than 30-days late for any reason will be prorated at full rate with no abatement. Renewals processed more than 30-days are considered a new contract, and would be renewed for a full-year at full-rate with no no fee abatement.
Orange Care Plus "VIP time" must be consumed in that contract year. Unused time will not be carried over under any circumstances.
- Proration: The first year's Orange Care support plan must be a full year, but can be renewed on a prorated basis to be coterminous with a customer's Act! subscription.
- Exclusions: Orange Care is exclusive of Level 3 support, which is involves more complex work such as repairs, migrations, imports/exports, conversions, report building, and advanced troubleshooting. With the exception of Orange Care Plus, regular Orange Care plans do NOT include consulting services such as training, development, customization, project work, or business consulting.
- SOW: Service that is beyond the scope of Orange Care or in excess of the daily support allotment will require a VIP Plan in place, from which the additional time would be deducted. In the event of such overages or upcharges, Orange Care subscribers will be advised in advance. In cases of Orange Care Plus, these subscribers would be eligible to use their bank of VIP time.
Database Service Conditions
Because of the complex nature of data services, Keystroke.ca makes no representations or warranties that your data can or will be converted and/or will be completed within the timeframes stated. thus, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the data serviced hereunder is provided "as is" and you hereby waive and disclaim all other warranties, express and implied, including but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability, suitability or fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
Keystroke.ca does not warrant that the data provided will be error free. In no event shall Keystroke.ca be liable for, and you hereby waive to the extent permitted by law, any consequential, incidental, indirect, special, or punitive damages incurred by you associated with this agreement. Such damages include, but are not limited to, loss of data, loss of use of products, losses due to an inability to access data or software, loss of good will and lost profits or revenue. These limitations apply whether or not such losses or damages are based in contract, warranty, tort, negligence, strict liability, indemnity, or otherwise, even if Keystroke.ca has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
In any event, under no circumstances shall the cumulative liability of Keystroke.ca associated with this agreement exceed the amount paid pursuant to this agreement. The limitations of damages set forth above are fundamental elements of the basis of the agreement between you and Keystroke.ca would not have been able to provide the services without such limitations. Data received under this agreement will be kept confidential by Keystroke.ca and used only for the purposes of evaluation, recovery, repair, conversion, migration and/or testing purposes to better enhance our products. original data and repaired data will be deleted from the act! data services department’s systems two (2) weeks after the requested services have been completed.
Any questions or issues must be reported to the act! data services department within two (2) week from the date your case has been completed and/or returned to you. Once your data has been removed from our systems we cannot reference the submitted or repaired data. You agree to keep a full and complete additional backup copy of all the data you submit to Keystroke.ca any data suspected to contain computer viruses will be destroyed immediately upon receipt. You have read the above and agree to all of the terms and conditions herein. You are the legal owner, representative, or otherwise have legitimate rights to use Act! and all data contained therein. You authorize Keystroke.ca to receive this media in order to carry out the services requested in this agreement.