Keystroke's Self-Hosting Quickstart program is designed to help people with their self hosted ACT database server setup and maintenance. Frequently customers opt-out of our hosting services because they have the infrastructure to support a centralized ACT setup, but they lack the expertise to configure it optimally, or and ensure it's running consistently throughout the year.
The keystroke Self-Hosting Quickstart program solves this problem, and provides self hosting customers peace of mind knowing such functions as backup, maintenance, and synchronization are being monitored at all times.
- An overview of the existing ACT! settings, including sync, sharing, and publishing settings to confirm they’re configured properly for the environment.
- Your server will be monitored 24-hours a day for select changes to the ACT working environment. If for any reason the sync service or web publishing service stops on your server, or if the server restarts unexpectedly, you will receive an email notification immediately. These monitored services can include SQL, Web Publishing, Sync Service, or any other vital ACT related service on your ACT server.
- We will schedule regular ACT database back-ups and maintenance, and configure our service to send you customized email notifications based on these tasks, and not simply the notices provided with ACT v16 versions and later.
- You will receive alerts when any remote database goes 14 days without synching, and then once more when it reaches 29 days (just before it expires).
- You will also receive notices if the master database goes more than 7-days without someone logging in.
- Implementation of our custom Firewall service that blocks all inbound Internet traffic from over 2000 known suspicious sources from around the world.
- To ensure your vital ACT services are running optimally, we’ll configure the web publishing service, the ACT indexing service, and the Smart Task service to restart every morning at 3AM to prevent sluggish performance due to memory leaks. This also ensures ACT Premium Mobile runs optimally.