- There is 100% uptime guarantee on the network side.
- There are two feeds going into the facility which are sitting on a ring architecture from here to Montreal, down to NY, across to Hamilton and back up to Toronto. Adding a failsafe in case any of the routes are disrupted.
- We currently have 160Gigs going into the facility and will continue to splice more as the demand rises.
- The power in this data centre has been running at 100% uptime for 3 years now.
- The power is uniquely fed through Two Separate Power Stations (Markham Hydro & Toronto Hydro) going into the facility.
- These feeds are then connected to 3 Caterpillar Diesel Generators running N+1(2100 kW capacity). Also configured for separate A+B power redundancy.
- There are 3 UPS Units (685kVa Total) also in A+B redundancy configuration designed to hold the charge while the generators are engaged in the event of an outage.
- Ten (10) 20-Ton Liebert HVACunits with Rooftop Condenser for cooling data centre under the floors – Always running at N+1 for redundancy (there is always one more running than required at any time in case of failure with the others).
- Two (2) 12-Ton Carrier HVACunits for cooling the UPS room.
Specific Cogent Data Centre Features
Did You Know?
- The Cogent network is directly connected to more than 80% of US broadband eyeballs (LRG)
- Cogent is the only commercial ISP to operate one of the 13 DNS root servers of the Internet (C.ROOT)
- 50% of the top web properties in the US & Europe are Cogent customers (comScore)
- More than 400 Universities & Research Institutions worldwide rely on Cogent bandwidth