Companies are a convenient way to group multiple contacts that are associated with the same organization. Organizing contacts into a Company enables you to view a roll-up of activities, notes, history, opportunities and other data from all contacts in a company, and makes it easier to send targeted communications, or pull reports for just the members of a given company. In this week’s tip, I will show you how you can save time by creating a company from a contact.
1. Open the Contact Details for a record in the database.
2. Select Contacts > Create Company from Contact.
3. A new Company is created with the relevant Address, and even ID/Status information! Additionally, the Contact is automatically added and linked to the newly created company. Linking a contact record to a company record does the following:
- Automatically shares the contact’s activities, notes, histories, and opportunities with its linked company.
- Lets you update the contact record with basic company information when you change company information.