We’re pleased to announce the availability of Act! 18.0.501 Update 5.
This update is available on our act.com Resources Download page, with each new Act! v18.0 install through slipstream, and through the Act! Update service. This update makes improvements to the customer experience while not changing the database schema version. Coordination of client updates is not required. Act! Administrators are advised to read the section below named “Update will open KB article” as this information applies to private and shared database owners.
Update 5 contains the following bug fixes:
- D-04024 – Fixes an issue where using the Global Toolbar Email command did not populate the TO: field with the target Contact email addresses.
- D-04025 – Fixes an issue where Contact > Edit > Replace would fail on secured servers.
- D-04034 – Yes/No fields will no longer be removed from a Layout after editing. (See DBFixer notes below)
- D-04035 – Fixes an issue where Yes/No field types could not be renamed. (See DBFixer notes below)
- D-04037 – Fixes an issue where focus on a new Contact was lost when saving, or when triggering an automatic save through another action. E.g., adding an Activity.
- D-04039 – Re-enabled email commands for Chrome users. These users can set their email client preferences to “Use default email”.
Update will open a KB article:
Lastly, this update involves a DBFixer to implement the SQL stored procedure changes needed to fix the Yes/No field issues of D-04034 and D-04035. Using this approach allows us to fix the defect without changing the Schema Version – eliminating any need to coordinate the change by the Act! administrator or IT department. You may read the KB here: http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38
- The 18.0.501.5 update download is located here: http://CDN.updates.swiftpage.act.com/updates/act18hf5b.exe, or you can simply browse the following link to see all the updates: http://www.act.com/resources/downloads.
Update 6 is in the works. We’ll have more information about its contents soon.